I have really enjoyed playing with these colors lately. They're kind of different from what I normally choose to work with (as a group) and I find it very refreshing. I ended up adding just a few triangles of a bright blue and then a few violet ones too. It just seemed like the thing to do, which is good because I do so like the results.
Flock of Geese
When I was getting ready to sew the blocks together, I fully intended to sew the rows with all the points going in the same direction. That was The Plan.
Getting ready to sew the blocks
But then something happened when I laid them out in their rows of three to sew together. Some blocks decided to be original and free thinking. They were very adamant that they didn't want to all fly in the same direction. What's a girl to do?
The first couple blocks...
You can imagine how hard I fought the idea of changing things up. Especially when I realized how difficult it was to get the seams to lie flat with all points heading off in the same direction.....
21 blocks done for my Flock of Geese
I finally gave up trying to squeeze all the blocks onto my wall. It's pretty obvious how they look all crammed together and I'm not intending to use them that way in the quilt anyway. Right now I'm leaning heavily toward a wide sashing so they can have some space and spread their wings a little. This quilt has not completely pulled me into it's spell yet, but I am feeling a bit intrigued by all the possibilities. Maybe the real connection will come with the next step.