Friday, April 25, 2014

Just Can't Stay Away From the Baskets

Some weeks are just so filled up that quilting has to take a backseat. I did manage to squeeze in a little bit of time to get another border for Muddy Creek worked out though, at least on paper. Fingers crossed that it will all fit together once my blocks are done!
Basket blocks for Muddy Creek border
I've got all the prep work done for these 6" simple baskets. And yes, I know. I might possibly be addicted to baskets. They just keep reoccurring in project after project with no end in sight. The pink prints are brighter than I originally thought I would use, but these fabrics were the ones that spoke to me the loudest. You know what they say about the vocal minority!* 

After I get these blocks sewn together and know exactly how long the border lengths will be, then I will cut out the plaid coping border. Better to know for sure than to cut and sew and then have a error from mis-measuring. Not that I've ever done that before. Who, me?
In the office
Too much time in the little, teeny, tiny office lately. So glad I got it cleaned and organized earlier this spring! What I would give for a window so I could see some SUNLIGHT while I work. Oh well. There's always more paperwork when we're busy and I am so very thankful for the work. More jobs equal more money which means more spending money for the paperwork gal which translates into fabric and well....., you get the picture.*wink

14 comments:

  1. Those baskets are going to look great on your Muddy Creek quilt. Love the pinks you picked out! More money= More fabric Yep!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you have time away from your tiny office though for your quilting I bet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty pink baskets! Love the quilty screen saver on your monitor... I've done the same, both at home and my computer at work. And an office without a soft drink of choice wouldn't work for me either... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What could be more perfect than little pink baskets :0) an excellent choice! I can't wait to see them progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your baskets...and that pink is wonderful and calls to me too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pink baskets are going to look cute, cute cute. I love baskets too. I've got to make one, one of the days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the little pink baskets! They re gonna be so cute. A Tiny Baskets quilt is working its way to the top of my to do list...I love how you use the central motif then add borders, such a fun way to try out blocks you/ we love.

    lizzy at gone to the beach

    ReplyDelete
  8. Baskets are fun! You could never have too many, or use them too often.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I totally agree! There doesn't seem to be such a thing as too many baskets! Love your pinks too.

    Sorry to hear about being chained to your desk, but the $$ will be nice. It is very nice to have a little extra spending cash. Yeah! More fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pink of those basket, they are going to be very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love basket blocks of all kinds. Including pink ones!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's something about that shade of pink that I love - is it strawberry? I believe that an organized office is a happy office no matter the size (and the same goes for a quilting place too) !Take care, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can never have too many baskets, I think! It turns out that I have pink baskets in my future too, coincidentally. But I'm sure yours will be done first. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.