Okay. Here's the last of the Big Star blocks in all of their glorious imperfection. I used my seam ripper more than I want to admit to on the star with the red center and then called it good. Whew! Now I know why people takes classes to learn this stuff!
The last of the big stars!
With these three stars finished up, I was also able to sew on the last of the background pieces too. Feels good to get that part done and it seemed to go smoother and faster than the inside curves?? And yes, I deliberately mixed up the backgrounds per each block as they were all cut out of a stack of mixed cuts of fabric. Fat quarters especially only allowed for three background pieces each, so some blocks were going to have to have a patchwork background. You'd never guess, but it's actually a fave look of mine.*wink
Applique squares for where sashing will meet up.
The pattern calls for sewing the star blocks three across and three down without sashing, which looks great in the pattern book. Somehow in translation though, my big star blocks look like they're lacking well, something special. I think it's the pale background fabric--looks better in theory than in practice! I decided to go with a sashing that's about 4" wide and started in on making these homely little applique stars to join the sashings in the center of the quilt. In honor of all my curved piecing troubles, I have made them wobbly and imperfect on purpose. Hardly worth linking up to Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching with! lol
Greek Cross block for Random Sampler QAL.
The last block for the Random Sampler QAL over at Bloomin' Workshop is finally finished up as well. I've been so busy working on other projects that I let this one slide for awhile. This block really has potential and I may try to play with it a bit more. Love it!