Friday, April 6, 2012

I'm so Glad to be Seeing my Tulips Again!

I just had to take a picture of my hardy little tulips that come up every year no matter how much I neglect them.  I always think I need to plant more because I enjoy them so very much, but then they die and I forget about them come fall when I would need to be planting the bulbs.  This weekend would be a great time to clear out all of the dead foliage in my pots and flower beds, but we have family coming in for Easter weekend.  Hopefully the tulips will be in full bloom and distract my company from our ill kept yard.*wink
A hint of Spring
Spring break has just about come to a close.  My kids have almost completely emptied the refrigerator and cupboard of every speck of food in sight.  They are all very athletic, unlike their mom, and want to eat constantly.  I'd say they were having growing pains, but all of our kids are fairly short and grow very slowly--not in sudden spurts---so I know it's probably an energy thing.  Must. Cook. More. Carbs.
Yep, it looks like pinwheels...
I managed to put in a few hours in our little back room office.  Just enough to reward myself (guilt free) with a few minutes quilting time.  These pinwheels are the center of our Pieceable Souls latest challenge.  They came together pretty well in spite of the cutting mistakes I made on the half square triangles.  I need to get going on the borders and corner blocks, which I did at least make a decision about, but it will all have to wait until next week.  Company is a coming, and my house looks, feels and smells like Spring Break with a house full of kids just happened....

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.