Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Few More Flowers

Here we go.  Block #3 finished up and looking really sweet.  I'm very happy with the green and blue polka dot fabric on the flower, though I wasn't real sure at first.  Does it take away from the old fashioned look?  Yes, No, Maybe so.  It makes me think that I need to get bolder about my fabric selections.*wink (ya think?)
Applique block #3
I do tend to get stuck in a rut and rely on the blendy, blendy thing which looks great in a background, but not so much elsewhere.  That's been the one good thing about our latest Pieceable Souls challenge.  It has definitely encouraged us to think outside the box when it comes to choosing fabric, something I still struggle with. Quilting--always something to learn....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.