Thursday, October 27, 2011

I'm a Wizard at Math

Let's just say that there is a very good reason I haven't attempted mitered corners since the year 2007.  
I had BARELY enough of the red to cut my original strips.
Except that hmmm, I seem to have made a mistake....
This is the UNnecessary part of the strips I had to cut off.
Which would make the Pepsi in the background less of a prop.
Proof that I was determined to get something right before the day was done.
Although I kept referring to my book, I spaced off an important step.  Natch!  If ever I'm going to have issues, it'll be with something that in the finished product would make it look like I actually know what I'm doing.:)  (This is not Harriet Hargrave and Sharyn Craigs fault!)  Still, being the determined quilty person I love to be, I persevered, and after a quick break to guzzle the Pepsi my lovely husband brought me, I made it through to the part where I can finally sew those rotten strips together.  *Tip--if you cut your original strips correctly, you won't have those mile long edges to deal with! I carefully folded the extra strips up and put them into a ziplock bag to keep for a future project.  Trust me, those will show up in another quilt some day just because.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.