Friday, January 14, 2011

The Magic Formula

I have been busy trying to finish up a few UFQ's this last week. It is almost as much fun to have a quilt top completed as it is to have the entire quilt done and finished.:) Mostly it's just busy work because these quilts are very basic, but there are times that I just feel the need to do some piecing (spend some very mindless time at the sewing machine dontcha know?). It does seems to clear the fog away from my easily short circuited brain, especially when I'm doing scrappy stuff that doesn't require any extra thought exertions--my fav. lol! I've been trying to figure out the best formula for my scrap quilts for a long, long time. Is it best to work by percentages? Range from light to dark? Have tone on tones, plaids, thru big print fabrics? What is the magic formula? Please! I desperately need to know! hehehe Honestly, the last couple of years I think I've regressed and I'm not sure why. I think I get to much medium fabrics, too many fabrics from the same line of fabric and altogether I get too prissy and matchy-matchy. Yeah, I'm gloomy about it right now, but I think I may be starting to find my way back again. Maybe. Fingers crossed!!!

1 comment:

  1. … just flicking back thru a few of your earlier posts! Did you ever work out your magic formula :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.