Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Never Let a Good 'Oops' Slow You Down

Still more to do, but yes, I continued on with the 'oops' factor. You know me, avoid the seam ripper if at all possible and concentrate on efficiency. After a little research on the Net, I realized that although this is not the classic look of the Rolling Stones block, it is not completely uncommon after all. If I wouldn't have said anything, you could have thought I did it on purpose and of course thought I was brilliant too! lol
Rolling Stone blocks
I probably should have made one block to put on the wall directly in front of my sewing machine when I first started sewing. But then I wouldn't have ended up with these. And that would have been really sad, don't you think? My daughter said the blocks look like they're falling apart which I thought was an interesting observation. I can't quite see what she does, but still, I'm liking what I see on the wall more and more. Okay, that's a bit lame. More accurate to say that I'm starting to get excited about what's on the wall! Like, when I walk around the corner into my quilt room, I have to pause and stare for awhile. That kind of excited.*wink

There is a lot scheduled for this week (basketball games, Christmas concert, luncheon with friends, picking my son up from the airport, etc.) but hopefully I will still find a few minutes here and there to sneak into the quilt room and sew a few seams. I'm actually starting to get very curious about this quilt...

13 comments:

  1. I don't think there's any right or wrong, as long as you like the outcome. I hope you get the chance for some sneaky sewing time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lo veo muy guapo !!
    me gusta............
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not a "mistake" - it's a "variation" of the traditional block. See, you were just being an original! Whatever, it's a great block and I too like the way these are looking. They kind of remind me of Tinkertoys somehow.

    Hope you get some stitching squeezed into your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blocks! and the fabrics you pick just make them so much better, it is always great to hear what other comments are made with quilts we create, that is how we come up with some of the names. keep going there is no ooops in this creation that I see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your fabric choices too!! I blew up your picture to see the polka dots and stripes. They are like Tinkertoy shapes. Always fun to see what you are sewing on--- good luck on the sneaky sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a great block, did you create a new one? The colors really stand out nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why you are excited about these blocks - they look great. Can't wait to see where the twists and turns take you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a wonderful block pattern--modern and traditional at the same time. I LOVE your variety of fabrics you're using.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great collection of blocks! This is going to be another wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the look of these blocks!! That kind of excitement is the best! I think you are really onto something.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's all about the process. Have a gat week. This quilt is going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very special block. And this coming week.... I am not looking forward to it, that week before Xmas, way too busy! Hope you get some sewing time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These blocks look great - and I can see what your daughter means about them falling apart! This is a serendipity in action!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.