Thursday, October 13, 2011

Figuring It Out, One Step At a Time

So, I waited until my husband went back to work after lunch and then, I launched a full-sale assault on my quilt.  I know it looks totally random and scrappy, but everyone knows that it takes TIME to get it looking that way.  I have to pay attention, make sure the same fabric isn't represented five times in one row, divide and conquer the lights from the darks, squint, flip blocks ad nauseam, squint some more etc., etc.  Finally, it comes together and looks mostly the way I always thought it should.*wink
Basic layout done, now for the fun part in the middle....
1st border picks--red good, yellow not so much.
Reverse the borders-- meh....
6th yellow choice & it works! Just don't ask me how today.
I have come to an agreement with my quilt.  We (it) decided to repeat the red stripey fabric one more time so the border will actually be three strips--red, yellow, red, which is also more in keeping with the style I was originally aiming for.  I'm thinking I will need to do mitered corners to Really get the look I want and frankly, that does not impress me.  Uggh.  Do I have to?  Let me just have a little moment to whine about it and then I will do what is probably the only right thing to do.  But I don't have to like it.:)

2 comments:

  1. Definately the right choice in the end. The stronger yellow looks oh! so much better. It's a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! i'm finding out that a (two) color quilt is harder than it looks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.