Friday, September 30, 2011

I Have More Scraps Than I Used to Have Fabric

As you can see, this scrap basket has lost it's inclination to cooperate with me....
I made a little trip upstairs this evening to re-acquaint myself with my good friend, the quilt room.  'Scrap Republic' has got my mind simmering with half-baked ideas for possible solutions to my uncontrollable scrap heap.  I used to cut everything into 2 1/2" or 1 1/2" strips for future log cabin quilts, but that lost it's appeal a few years ago.  Lately I have been mostly gleaning the choice pieces of fabric for applique odds and ends, then just leaving the rest to look pretty over there in the corner.*snicker  How can I possibly nag at my husband about his messy collections (with a clear conscience) when I have this particular situation going on in my own corner of the world?

1 comment:

  1. Bahahahaha! this post was so funny to me today! I just moved and am working out boundary treaties on my own republic of scrap. xx
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.