Monday, September 6, 2010

Binding a Quilt For My Mom


This is one of the two quilts I agreed to bind for my mom. It's so interesting finishing up a part of someone Else's quilt. For one thing, this quilt is made in colors that I personally, have never put together before. That makes for very intriguing ideas flowing through my brain while I'm doing the somewhat tedious hand work of binding. On one hand, I'm anxious and impatient to be done with it and be working on my own projects. But on the other hand? I'm thinking about how wonderful the orange looks with the pink, how I would have used a black binding, what a beautifully simple pattern that was used and would I have made it too complicated? etc. etc. etc. I should never underestimate the power of working outside my box.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.