Thursday, August 26, 2010

I'm Getting There


I like quilts. All kinds. Sometimes I think I'm all over the place with my quilting preferences, but in fact I'm not. About 10 years ago, I went through all my quilting magazines and books and made a very long list. I wrote down every little thing that I liked about each quilt that caught my eye. I discovered some interesting things. I like the log cabin pattern, no matter what color it is made in. I like utilitarian and traditional quilts. I Love antique quilts. I liked every scrappy quilt I saw--the pattern didn't matter. I'm very drawn to applique, esp. flowers and birds. I like the primitive, folk art look. If a quilt is done in medium to dark reds, yellows, greens, blues, (bubblegum) pinks, oranges, browns or blacks, I'm looking at it. Now I know that I like the new modern quilt look too with it's bold patterns and faintly vintage attitude. This list gets updated every couple years and helps me figure out what I need to be working on in order to end up with quilts I fall in love with. My goal is to learn how to make the quilts that I used to DREAM of owning. I'm getting there.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.