Monday, June 24, 2024

A New Basket Quilt

If life wasn't busy enough, I took 10 days and went to my daughters in Oklahoma. She had almost all of the days planned and then of course, there's a granddaughter there! Um., yeah. Quilting took the back seat in a hurry!

All the baskets are done

I took two applique projects with me and managed to work only one of them. This is the new 'Folksy Trees and Baskets' quilt that was started from cut-outs from a previous quilt. You know me and my proclivity to start brand new quilts from the cut-outs and leftovers from previous quilts. Just can't seem to help myself! 

Good times!

Anyway, I'm back home now. Bags are unpacked and I'm catching up on laundry etc. etc.. I wanted to get one more applique project wrapped up before diving full speed into BB2 but we'll see. I'm definitely running out of time on my self imposed deadline! 


8 comments:

  1. easy to see why sewing took a back seat...wise choice...family first always

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I always took too many projects with me when visiting when grandchildren were involved and nothing got done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With little bundles of joy to play with, even quilting has to wait! Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not surprised the little one won out here with quilting fitted in here and there. A happy photo of the three of you Audrey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a basket quilt but I love even more the smiles in the photograph. There's never enough time to share family love. Three generations of beautiful ladies. ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love your baskets a lot!! So whimsical...I am a big fan of basket quilts...the off-white fabrics really highlight them beautifully--lovely work!! Hugs, Juierose...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those baskets are wonderful - as always. And how fun to get time with those sweet faces. Looking forward to the next BB prompt but also in the middle of a few other projects so happy to wait 😉

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! Wonderful to visit with your daughter and grand daughter, sweet.
    And you're like me, always have projects in mind, planning this and that, it's great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.