Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Applique Play

I am moving very slowly on this quilt. The repetition of doing the same thing over and over always gets to me and I don't have a specific finish date for this quilt. That and I don't even have a really solid idea of where I'm going with this one! I wonder if that's why it continually gets shoved to the back burner, because you know I still love the colors and fabrics involved in the making.
More progress on Sunburst
I did finally get all the leaves and flowers stitched down though. Finally. It pains me to start another applique quilt when this one has been so long in the making. I've already overlooked this one so very many times--am I committed to finishing it or not? Yes, I really am. Okay, prove it. hehe  Don't you just love all these internal conversations we have with ourselves?

I played around with several different ideas for more applique, drawing and cutting until I came up with a possibility that clicked. I'm not sure why as the birds seem sort of fat and sassy rather than what I thought they should like like {maybe scrawny and folksy?}. I guess my brain is stuck on simple and naive these days. Time to see how it looks in actual color and print!


18 comments:

  1. I just love your Sunburst--and those birdies are so cute! I love those trees--so neat!! hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one will be worth the wait. Love those trees so very much!
    Nothing wrong with fat, sassy birds. All those early worms, probably.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far it is beautiful! Sassy birds are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to love those birds! Can't wait to see their fabric versions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your quilts and this one is no exception, I love the look of the trees in each corner and you pick such beautiful colors. Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the birds are pretty cute. They will really shine when we see them in fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just forced myself to return to a project ! : )

    Those birds are going to be very pretty : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just forced myself to return to a project ! : )

    Those birds are going to be very pretty : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find your conversations with yourself very entertaining. And I think the applique just keeps gettting better and better. It will be fun to see where this goes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mind's visions always create an interesting design in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the birds you have drawn! Very cool project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some quilts just take a little more effort. Love what you've started here. Awesome sunburst!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this quilt Audrey , and those birds are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some quilts just take a little longer to reveal themselves. I like it......well worth continuing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved tuning in to your conversation. You'll get it figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad I'm not the only one to have internal conversations!! Love your bird.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another very fun and folky appliqué quilt, unmistakably by YOU! At first I thought the bird cut-outs were for quilting designs. Hmm. Seeing your homemade paper cut-outs inspires me to do more appliqué.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.