|String Play starting to come together|
So... I am sewing one row of these string blocks together at a time, measuring to a uniform length and then making sure the ends aren't cut off too wonky. Sometimes I seam rip two strips apart and insert a new string if I think it will help make the ends look less 'chopped'. I try not to get too picky because after all, it's just a scrap bin quilt, but I really hate 1/8" strips and such at the end of a row.
It's crazy how much time it's taking to actually sew the rows together. I always seem to forget that part! Lots and lots of pinning too, which I think is well worth the time spent as it will lay flatter in the end. Also, I was trying to make sure that I didn't have a string of yellow flush against a yellow string etc. in the next row, but now I've decided that's just nuts. They will land where they will and that's part of the charm--end of story.*wink
|String Play rows|