Friday, May 31, 2013

I Know I Could Figure This Out If Life Would Just Slow Down For About 30 Minutes....

After I finished quilting the red and black half square triangle border (well over a week ago), this quilt has been sadly neglected.  Too much going on in our crazy, busy life to figure out the next step I guess.
The next border to be quilted on the
Vintage Reproduction quilt.
Next up to be hand quilted is the pink scalloped border, which for some reason is causing me no end of frustration.  I just can't think!  I don't want a fussy pattern or excessive marking issues.  It doesn't need to be quilted through the scallop into the light blue fabric or anything else that would diminish the curving effect.
What to do, what to do?
Simplicity.  That's all it needs!  Oh well.  I'm sure it will come to me eventually even if I have to stitch a few different ideas and then promptly take them out because they look horrible. Meanwhile, all the basting pins need to be taken out and the last borders smoothed and repinned.  It's obviously starting to look a little wonky around the edges.*wink

And because I'm a mom and we all like to brag on our kids, let me just say that my youngest daughter got the English Student of the Year Award and my oldest daughter received the Art Student of the Year Award plus the History Student of the Year Award for the entire high school.  Woot woot!

12 comments:

  1. congrats on your daughters grades! always good news. The quilting design will come to you as always! It sure is looking pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for your girls!! You should be proud! How about echo quilting a few lines in the shape of the scallop? I'm sure something will look right eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your daughters!

    I think I'd echo the curve of the scallop at a distance from the scallop edge that is in proportion to the edge of the scallop. Once, or twice if needed to fill in the space. It's impossible to tell measurements from the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great quilt & congratulations on your daughters' achievements! So nice when your kids are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you, it would be too bad to do anything that would mess up the pretty curves!
    Congratulations to your daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's going to be a beautiful quilt and Congratulation to our daughters. You should be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to your daughters! Can't wait to see what you do with the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WONDERFUL QUILT!!!!! And----Congratulations to your daughters!

    :) Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd be bragging too if I had such clever daughters!! Congratulations to the both of them. As for quilting could you quilt a wavy line and then do another line that curves the opposite way , like a 2 line braid or double the lines for more of a braid look. Or you could sew a circle in each scallop, that would tie it into the next circle border , then you could quilt scallops in the circle border as a reflection of the previous border. I hope I haven't I totally confused you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilting looks SO great! I'd probably echo quilt the scallops, just because I can't think of anything else to do. Whatever you do will look wonderful, I'm sure. Congratulations to you and your daughters! You have a very artistic family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on having such awesome kids.

    A quilting idea will come to you. Sounds like this week has been focused elsewhere with no time for creative thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.