Monday, May 27, 2013

Home Away From Home

It was good to go camping, but it's always great to be back home.  The weather was a bit less than perfect with random rain showers and very cold nights. Thankfully I packed plenty of fuzzy blankets and of course a quilt.  Or two.
Sleeping good under a warm quilt.....
I love using quilts when we're camping.  Almost convinces me that the bed is comfortable.  It's not.  Hard as a rock and only marginally better than the ground.*wink  It's all worth it though when the kids are having a good time with friends and family.  Lots of fresh air, late nights, plus endless amounts of camping food and snacks. Now it's time to deal with the mountain of dirty clothes in the middle of my living room floor.  Maybe I'll catch up with everything else by the end of the week?

9 comments:

  1. There is always that washing to do, isn't there, when you have been away? Lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing to see how powerful a pretty quilt is, it can cover an uncomfortable camper bed and make it (and the rest of the camper) look so comfy and inviting!
    We used to have a camper too, and I loved the weeks we were spending there. The site was truly our summer paradise. We will be going back for a few days this summer with our young ones and stay in a cabin. Can't wait!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt sure makes the bed look comfy. Hope you had a great weekend away with family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt looks very good on the camper bed. We used to have a tent camper that had foam mattresses. Oh my aching back! If we were to purchase another, I would want much better mattresses to sleep on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt makes the bed look so inviting! But you are right, there is no bed like your own! We did not camp and my laundry pile is scaring me too! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I felt the same way when we got our camper but we intended to use it a lot (not like this year with not using it) so we invested in a new mattress!! the one we bought is so comfortable and covered in quilts as well! I would not be able to survive camping for 6 to 8 weeks without a decent mattress :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Camping "in style"! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful quilt on the uncomfortable bed in the camper... nice to take a bit of home with you! Camping is all about fun for little and big kids alike! The laundry... that's another story!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its great you take quilts camping for that extra cosy comfort. Hope it doesn't take too long to get on top of the washing pile.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.