Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Turtle and the Hare

I had such big plans for this quilts completion.  Originally the plan was to have all of the hand quilting done by the end of April.  That was an estimate of course, but it seemed completely plausible at the time.
Still have miles to go....
Then, I became engulfed by the tidal wave of Springtime events and responsibilities.  Wow.  Did I ever.  At least I can tell myself that the entire center of this quilt is now hand quilted.  Progress is being made  (obviously) because now I am working solely on the outside blocks!  A small consolation, but it does feel good to know that my quilting is not totally suspended forever in 'not getting anywhere fast la la land'.  I like to think of the turtle and the hare.  Sometimes I get to be the hare, which is exciting and feels good in terms of progress, but other times I have to be the turtle whether I want to or not.  I just have to remember who really won the race.*wink

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I have one quilt in the frame for a year. Talk about turtle! Oh, but when the quilt is done, what a treasure! Hang in there. Hand quilting is sooooo well worth the time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.