Monday, June 6, 2011

Sweet Find































Okay, the closest I've gotten to my sewing machine resulted in a miniature curtain for my sons school project. That's the bad news. The good news is my sweet little find this last Saturday! I found these scrappy antique basket blocks this weekend at a show and then promptly paid too much money for them. Considering how stained up they are, I should have taken a picture and then passed them up. Me? I couldn't resist when I saw how scrappy and off-grain the piecing was. Way too cool. This is something my G'ma would have pieced. I am already thinking of a 4 block old style quilt with some quirky applique on the border and maybe a throw pillow. This will require some subconscious deliberating so I will NOT rush the process. I will not, I will not, I will not.:) On a different note, I had visitors all weekend who demand much from my limited store of patience. Thus, I was able to finish 5 more of my little basket blocks for my 'forever project'. Good things come with time....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.