Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Flour and Sugar

It's during this time of year that I really appreciate my magazine subscriptions. The two quilting magazines that are my flour and sugar (staples of my quilting life) are 'American Patchwork & Quilting' and 'Love of Quilting by Fon's & Porter'. These are consistently good magazines that continue to reflect and showcase the kind of quilts that most appeal to me. I have had subscriptions to these two magazines for well over 10 years. Every now and then I try out a different magazine subscription, but what I find is that I also really enjoy picking up the occasional quilting magazine at the grocery store. I don't necessarily want every issue that comes out but it is a seriously fun thing to pick up a different magazine from 'impulse'. One other quilting magazine that tempts me to do the annual thing is 'Quilt Mania'. Wow! That is a magazine I absolutely adore.:) Unfortunately, 'Quilt Mania' costs about a gazillion dollars a year and I'm not sure I need to spend that much money on inspiration. I do wish I could find a quilting magazine that Talks about quilting a lot too. 'Quilting Newsletter' probably does the best job, although 'Quilter's Home' is quite amusing. Just when I think I can't live without either one of those magazines though, they seem to get flat and same ol' same ol' to me. I have to say Nope! I'll stick with my flour and sugar, thanks anyway. lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.