Saturday, December 31, 2016

The {2nd} January Quilty 365 Linkup

Okay, here we go! Hopefully most all of you will have completed a full years worth of quilty circles! I've had some people question why this project was named 'Quilty 365' when 2016 was a leap year, but it's a synonym of sorts. When I say 'My Quilty 365', I'm actually saying 'My Quilty Year'!
My Quilty 365
And here it is now in four pieces. Well, five pieces if you count the centerpiece. Of which I'm still playing with! At first, upon completion of the circles, I was gung-ho about having a black centerpiece. Thought that would make the circles 'pop'. Then immediately after laying all the circles out on the floor for a look-see, I changed my mind. Uggh! It needed to be very light. Not white, but maybe a white cream? And when I found the subtle black stripey piece I was sold. Yes! Don't you love it when the perfect piece of fabric is hiding out in our very own stash!
Playing with the centerpiece
This project has been interesting, deeply satisfying, tedious, boring, frustrating, worrisome and now it's turned back around to interesting and yes, even exciting. I'll confess to loving how the centerpiece is taking shape here. I had vague ideas of words in the middle {mostly because I didn't want more than 366 total circles in the quilt}, but never envisioned such a bold look. But it feels right. Whew! We just never know do we?

At times I definitely wondered about the end result of this particular project--all the mishmash of color and odd scrappy bits. So hard to see what's really going on when it's a one-block-a-day sort of project, but you know how it is. Quilts blocks usually end up having a mind of their own. I couldn't believe all the different layout ideas I considering in the course of making these little circles. And then to end up with something so very basic as this! It totally makes me smile. Such a perfect layout for such a crazy, crazy year, having the optimism shining from the inside out to the darker edges of the quilt. I'm often amazed at how happy my quilts often look when life seems to be such a struggle at times. I've tried really hard to find joy in the little things, remember our blessings and not get bogged down in the things I have no control over. The quilt is very personal to me and I'm pleased to have gotten to this particular stage of making.
An idea coming together...
And another BIG THANK YOU! to everyone who stitched along with me. I am so thrilled and happy with all the different Quilty 365 versions. So fascinating having us all start off with the same, simple idea and ending up with something very unique and personal. It feels like a victory, my oh-so-creative friends!

This January linkup is the last monthly linkup I'm doing until May 1st where I will be doing a final linkup to wrap it all up. My Quilty 365 won't be totally sandwiched and quilted by then, but the top will be completely done and I invite you to join me in showing off your completed quilt top and/or finish too. There will also be a giveaway for all those who have participated along the way. 

As there is still a bit of interest in this project being ongoing, I would also urge anyone who is interested, to take over future monthly Quilty 365 linkups. Just a thought. It could be definitely be tailored to match up with how you envision it moving forward! Please email me if this is something to be considered. Otherwise, we'll just let it be and anyone currently doing the Quilty 365 can stitch along on their own. Nothing wrong with that! Happy, Happy New Year! Hope to see you at the May 1st linkup!

If you're still working on this project, please feel free to link a thumbnail picture to a current post on your blog detailing:
  • What particular day you happen to be at now {such as 'day 366'}
  • A picture of all your December circles whether they are stitched to the background fabric or not. Possibly a picture of your current quilt top progress?
  • A link back to this post
  • Any thoughts or introspection you might want to add about this particular project

   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   



31 comments:

  1. Great, great layout Audrey, and that pinstripe for the centre will be perfect. Kudos for staying with this all year. I didn't have the ability to commit but I've loved seeing all of the blocks and quilts that you have inspired. Looking forward to May for the big reveal! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful version and ALL the tops that you have inspired. Thank you Audrey for this great idea and Happy New Year . Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Audrey! I love your design! Beautiful colour layout and the centre piece is perfect! I was happy to do this three first months but then work took every minute. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy, beautiful circles! Love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so great! I love how you've arranged your blocks, and with the Audrey signature appliqué in the center. Happy and creative new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Audrey this looks amazing! :) Happy happy HAPPY design :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the medallion setting - amazing how perfectly it turned out!! Hmm, I will have to push my circles to the top of the priority list if I'm going to have even a flimsy for May.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! Anyone who's been working at this challenge knows what a real challenge it is to have completed all the circles as you've done. Christmas sure threw a wrench into my 365 circles but I'm back on track TODAY but will need to get caught up. I'm looking forward to your completion post in May.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really, really enjoyed being part of Quilty 365. My quilt (Moments in Time) was designed with six months of circles, has been quilted/finished, and is being used now that the weather is cool. Thank you so much for sharing your idea with all of us and hosting the link ups so we could see what the others are doing. It has been WONDERFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This circle quilt is going to be amazing....just like all of your quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your quilt is looking great! glad I am done with mine though

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilt is beautiful! I expected a chaos of circles but you have a rainbow of gorgeous colors around an Audrey signature center. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This has been fun to watch all year. GREAT finish Audrey, I really love your version. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the layout and the text applique in the centre ! Thanks a lot Audrey for this amazing project. I had a lot of fun being part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your quilt is beautiful! Love the layout. I didn't participate but was tempted. I just can't do all the projects I would like to do. I enjoyed following along on your blog. Blessings. villacrestfarm@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun project! I really love the way your center is coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This developed so well. The variety of background makes a beautiful medallion. And an applique center, of course. Hooray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh! It turned out so nice! I love the way the inner light is framed by the darker circles. And, it has to have words and applique to truly have your signature on it. Pretty pretty quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your bright cheery top! Never would have thought there were that many brights as you posted the month-by-month. Wish I could say there was progress on this front in December, but holidays, babies and a gazillion Scandinavian folded stars somehow took over. It's high on my 2017 list of goals to get my 365 top completed and quilted before next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your arrangement of the circles, and I'm loving the centrepiece so far too! What a project. It's going to be a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the layout of your blocks - the cute applique centre and your inspired darker background blocks - its so like a medallion quilt !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! I so love your final layout, so amazing! It is such a happy looking quilt!
    I lost the plot in life and craft for a few months, reflected in my dropping this project(and many others). Then mid December I resolved to resolve it- so an update: I started 26 Nov 15 - I have 245 circles sewn, another 47 cut though not sewn, and hopefully a moderately confirmed layout. I plan to plod along doing bits as I am at the sewing machine- so may just may be able to link up in May- surely that's a good bit of time, lol
    Well done to you with following through both with your circles and hosting the links each month. It's been a fascinating journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love what you are doing with your quilt. The center idea is going to make it so "you" and will be beautiful! Thanks so much for hosting this quilt-along. I have enjoyed it as a continuing constant thread throughout a rather up-and-down kind of year. Looking forward to exploring ideas for how to set mine together. I may end up with very simple and straightforward, but who knows!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fantastic layout. I like the color arrangement and, of course, the applique in the center. Your quilt must have known where it was headed.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Another perfect solution! I love the center! Funny, as I watched your circles progress, I did not see this organized medallion style quilt coming. Once again, you have delightfully surprised us. Love it! I hope to link up tomorrow. Need to get a better photo of my infinitesimal progress.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aha! I wondered what you were going to do with those circles on the dark background! And your layout is perfectly you! Thanks for the inspiration. It was a fun project/year. I almost miss working on a block a day!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I knew you would come up with a wonderful plan for your Quilty 365 circles!! Love it! My plan is to stitch all my leaves this year.

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's fantastic how your colours came together in such a beautiful layout in the end, and so appropriate to add the text in the centre. Thank you so much for leading this project.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I luuuurve how yours has turned out! It just looks fab. Unfortunately I'm no further along with mine, but it is in my 17ufosin2017 list to progress.......hopefully by May now you've put that date out there......!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful quilt! Unusual solution with 365 mugs! Application ... Miracle!I took his 366 blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Audrey, it looks amazing! I love the centerpiece; it's so you and what a great addition to your quilt!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.