Monday, August 1, 2016

August Quilty 365 Linkup

August Quilty 365


Well here I am again with another months worth of circles. Pretty much decided I'm done with the black backgrounds for now, but it sure was fun while it lasted! It's been a summer filled with so much visiting company, a beautiful wedding for my niece {which included out-of-town family and friends hanging around for most or part of a week} and then surprise, surprise, my husband and I got to go for our little anniversary jaunt. Loved seeing the charcoal sand on the northern California beaches and those incredible redwood trees we drove through on hwy 101. Quite a memorable experience and one I will treasure forever.

I have also been quilting just a bit. Nothing too major, just enough to make me want more. These circles are very demanding in their own way. So little, but if the time isn't taken then they stack up and start shouting 'work on me, work on me!' I'm too close to finishing up an entire year to want to quit now that's for sure. And yes, I'm still choosing fabric out of the scrap bin!

And in other news, my 9 year old computer finally crashed beyond fixing. Yeah. It finally happened. We're looking into a replacement but the timing isn't the best. Is it ever? And I'm the queen of computer illiteracy so I am so dreading learning a new set-up. Just about to break into hives over the horror of having to actually. In the meantime, I'm trying out my husbands computer and desperately missing my Picasa program for fixing my lousy pictures. Can't even get blogger to work right on this computer which is sooo... frustrating. Hopefully we'll get something figured out soon {fingers and toes crossed} and I can get back to a little more regular blogging. It feels wrong not to document whatever small bit of quilting that does get done around here.

If you're still sewing circles with me, please feel free to join the linkup below. I haven't been getting around and visiting other blogs very good lately, but I have a feeling that's just the summer break thing. Had a critical comment awhile back that I've been thinking about addressing and well, quilting is calling my name louder and louder these days. I'm starting to dream about quilts again. That's a good sign. In the meantime, I love seeing all the interesting versions of this project and hopefully we'll have a good turnout for the entire years' wrap-up post. Which might be a dilemma of sorts deciding the end for most everyone keeping up. Perhaps December? I'm trying to figure out a giveaway too. 366 finished circles and perhaps a stitched quilt top would merit a giveaway, don't you think?

Please link up with us!  Link a thumbnail picture to a current post on your blog detailing:
  • What particular day you  happen to be at now {such as 'day 230'}
  • A picture of all your July circles whether they are stitched to the background fabric or not
  • A link back to this post
  • Any thoughts or introspection you might want to add about this particular project

   
   




26 comments:

  1. Hello, Audrey!! He enlazado el post de este mes con el quilt 365 para que veas mis progresos. Voy poco a poco, y no sé si harán falta los 365 bloques para terminar mi colcha, pero me está gustando mucho hacerlos. Abrazos desde Tenerife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry you have been having computer woes - always tough. We just got Windows 10 on my computer and although most is the same there is a lot different as well. I just got my circles on the quilting frame yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your knew blocks - they look very summery to me! Glad to read you got some time away to Northern California. Sadly I stopped my blocks in mid-May. I was trying to make this a charm quilt and I think I ran out of fabric (really, honestly). I still haven't decided what to do with my blocks and am so looking forward to seeing what others do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your black background blocks look like phases of the moon... Bummer about the computer and I totally understand your dread of getting into a new system, but nine times out of ten it's not as bad as you think it's going to be (and you get to pat yourself on the back for being retrainable!). Sounds like California was dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My computer went kerflooey last spring, so I know your pain. I went from XP to 10 in one fell swoop. 10 isn't so bad if you shut off 90% of it...
    I lost momentum on my circles (well, orange peels) sometime in April. Tried to catch up in May, but just didn't. I think I'll take them up again sometime soon, just with a big hiatus in the middle of my year!
    I miss them...
    I'm glad you're continuing, anyway, and now I'm off to see what the other folk have been doing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gals you we're able to get away and enjoy a beautiful change of scenery. Dreaming of quilts is always a good sign that it's time to pick up needle and thread and get sewing. It's amazing how many circles have been stitched this year. You've influenced a lot of quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear you're getting back in the groove of quilting, though I don't think for a second that it ever left your mind! Computer woes are a bummer, as are the new 'improved' versions of Windows. I hope you're able to replace your computer soon. Thankfully when Windows 10 installed itself (without permission) on my computer it left the old editing program from 2006 that I've been using and know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy you had a lovely time away and made some good memories. I'm so sad you are in need of a new computer. I can completely sympathize. I'm so offended that someone left a critical comment! Remember, it says much more about them than it does about you. And let's face it, you're kind of awesome, so they must not be very intelligent. Glad to know you are still stitching. I've missed your updates and opinions but I totally understand, and I'm thankful for your little circles, I have so much fun checking out the links.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've missed your quilting posts - you always amaze and inspire me with your hand-quilting. My summer has been super busy with visiting family too so I get your anxiousness to get back to more stitching! I hope your computer woes get sorted out so you can get back to blogging :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! I've missed you but so glad you're having such a lovely summer. Must admit I've been a bit slack on the circle front..........hope to remedy that soon. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know, I think doing a link up every month is stressful enough in the summer months. Just relax and enjoy all the inspiration you have created with these little circles. I am still having so much fun with them. Glad to hear you had a much deserved little holiday. It is always good to get out and see something different. Hope you get your quilting mojo going again soon. Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Confessional time, not one circle block stitched for July, too many things including a trip to Sisters for the quilt show got in my way.

    I will catch up, having too much on my plate is a constant. See you next month, good luck with your computer quest!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry about your computer crash. I'd feel sunk without Picasa too. I like both your black and neutral backgrounds! Glad you are finding your mojo again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hola! Me anoto para participar de este Reto Tan hermoso y fácil para una principiante como yo!!!
    Pronto tendrás mi link para mostrar mis progresos. =)
    Me llevo el botón a mi blog. tallerdestella.blogspot.com.ar
    Besos desde Argentina!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't have a blog so can't link but I started the Quilty 365 on May 1 and just made circle 93 today. I am really enjoying it. It is good to see all the posts of those who are making circle blocks. I am excited to see my finished quilt and have a year in my life in fabric! Kind of like a fabric journal.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi,
    Love all your dots, so colorful. Sorry to hear about your computer problems. Know what you mean about learning a new computer. I recently went to Windows 10 and it's totally different. Took me a while to figure it out. But well worth it. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am loving looking at each person's blog with all of the circle goodness!! I'm hoping to get caught up so I can finally link up!!😃

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am loving looking at each person's blog with all of the circle goodness!! I'm hoping to get caught up so I can finally link up!!😃

    ReplyDelete
  19. Audrey, I sent you an email this morning with a pic of my July blocks and my info. I don't blog, but I'd love to share:).

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loved hearing about your anniversary jaunt - my oldest son was viewing the California redwoods this month, too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The circles are fun to see - so much creativity! I am a drop out... hate admitting that - but I had to drop a few projects as my quilting life was getting out of control!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice to see you are managing to sneak in a little bit of quilting time, and so pleased you got your anniversary trip. Your circles are still looking good and you are not so far from the finish line now!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Getaway sounds terrific. I love seeing your circles, and everyone's progress each month. I am still enjoying this project so much, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The ones on the black backgrounds remind me of full moons. I hate broken computers. Mine died last year and I think I immortalized the event in a circle.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Im too late again, but I have written up about my circles on my bloghttp://www.patchworkdreams.com.au/?p=9063
    Its lovely to see your circles though Im to late to share, some how the month slips in and then its gone LOL. Thank you Audrey for keeping this group going I have and am so enjoying the journey. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  26. Amazing and more amazing links of these incredible circle projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.