Sunday, April 26, 2015

Back To the Hoop

I would love to show you all sorts of progress on my Happy Flowers quilt, but alas, quilting has been rather hit and miss here lately. We survived the yard sale and even managed to get all the remnants bagged up and ready for donation. Yay us! It left me with quite the dilemma though. I can't decide if I want to spend my little bit on quilting fabric or a new spring outfit. Decisions, decisions!
Happy Flowers in the hoop
I have been doing a very basic big stitch quilting on my flowers until I see for sure how it is coming together. I can always come back later and add more if it starts demanding extra stitching!

I'm trying to keep this post short and sweet as being on the computer is cutting into my precious quilting time. For those interested, the voting has started on the Marsala Challenge Quilts. It's rather fascinating what others have done with their version of the very same color. We may be heavily influenced by current quilting fads and trends, but we are all very different!

Time to link up with Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching once again and then get off the computer and go do what I love to do best. Guess I'll have to catch up with all the other slow stitchers at a later date!

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilting! as usual the quilting makes the quilt come to life doesn't it? I like the coloured quilt thread - great to see the stitches as a feature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting so far looks wonderful! I'm so glad you've had time to get started on it :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I voted! it was interesting to see all the quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely quilt and so beautifully hand stitched!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I voted for yours, love it and would make the same...congrats !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely progress on your Happy Flowers, they look really lovely and I love the big stitch quilting. I wish I could do some hand quilting today but we will see how it goes! Haven't been at the machine in a while and that has priority on my list! Happy Quilting,
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I already gave your marsala quilt a vote last week. Another quilter I know has one entered also so i was glad they were in different categories! LOL Love seeing your big stitching! I need to get back to my piecing so I have something to quilt in the upcoming winters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice seeing the quilting on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love this quilt and even more so now with the quilting. I love the pattern, the colors, the polkadot fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The big stitch is perfect on this quilt! I don't see any pins or basting stitches. How do you baste your quilts? I've been using pins and then machine stitch in the ditch around the blocks. I'm thinking of trying hand stitch basting next time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Audrey! I love that Happy Flowers Pattern--would you share where you got the pattern--I would love to make a small wall hanging with it; I have a small wall spot where I have a Winter / Fall reversible hanging now and need a Spring/Summer; I think this would be lovely there........hugs thanks, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love this quilt. So happy! I went to the Marsala link and voted for your top (at least I think I did it right). There are some pretty quilts there. Thanks for the link and your wonderful top.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Slow but steady wins the race. Enjoy your day doing what you do best.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad your yard sale was successful. I vote for getting a new outfit so you can feel good about yourself. You can buy quilting fabric anytime but a new outfit is always a boost.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sometimes when I want new outfit and new fabric I buy fabric and tell myself I will make the garment. Hasn't resulted in any actual clothing yet, but I live in hope (or is it self-delusion?)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.