Friday, February 27, 2015

A 2015 Finish!

Finally, a 2015 finish! Yay me!! I was so dreading getting this quilt washed after the last two quilts with red fabrics had bleeding issues. Well, needless to say it hindered me a bit from wanting to get the binding taken care of in a timely fashion.
Imagine a Quilt is finished!
Thankfully there were NO problems here. I had to wash in cold water first to get the blue wash-out markings to go away. And yes, I did throw in about six color catchers, but they weren't even that pink afterwards. More of a dirty brownish color which I assume was from a mixture of all the dyes? Lovely to see my cream fabrics unblemished by any floating dyes though!
All ready to be snuggled up with....
Really big sigh of relief . And it looks so cozy now. I am a bit addicted to the freestyle baptist fan pattern as you can see. It just seemed like the thing to do on the borders with all the applique. I know it gets in the way of reading the words, but really, only from a distance. Up close the stitching doesn't seem to be a distraction at all. The machine quilting on this quilt was only through the sashing and along the edges of the 9 patches. Everything else is hand quilting. Of course.
Loving that stitching....
You know me and my hand quilting obsession. It's terribly hard to make the decision to do any machine quilting, because I much prefer the look of hand quilting in the style of quilts I make. It's part of what makes me love the finished product.
And now facing the other direction...
This quilt is #3 in the 9-Patch Series I was working on in 2012. It's also the third one to be checked off the list. Wowsers am I making progress here.*wink
And the last picture, promise...
Okay, that's it. Enough about this quilt. I've got others begging for attention too....

20 comments:

  1. What a lovely quilt! Congratulations on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is...BINDING BLITZ!! and I can also say...I love your quilt!! I totally agree about the hand quilting thing...it is what makes me love my quilts too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cozy indeed - perfect for all of this chilly weather this winter. What type of colour catchers do you use, and did you wash it by hand or by machine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful color combination, Audrey. Congratulations on a finish! As you say, on to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sew nice. I am a big fan of your hand quilting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! It looks terrific. Glad it washed up just right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. preciosa colcha!!!
    es guapa, guapa
    acolchado divino
    buen fin de semana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on a finish! I just love all that hand quilting. I've never tried Baptist Fans but I sure love the look on all of the quilts I've seen hand quilted that way. It gives such a lovely texture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! I have combined machine quilting and hand quilting on one quilt and found it worked out well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations. This looks great, and I really like the mix of pieced and applique. I think the softer, more organic look you get from hand quilting is perfect for your quilts, and love those fans.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beautiful quilt. I like the way you turn your tops into actual quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on another beautiful finish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on such a gorgeous finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Goodness, I love this quilt. Simply beautiful Audrey.
    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely quilt. I really like your choices of fabrics, not only in this quilt but all the others you make. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely GORGEOUS!! Love the border and the colours! Such a happy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Never aplogize for too many photos...I could have happily looked at more! This quilt is one of my all time favorites of yours. Everything is just right in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Never aplogize for too many photos...I could have happily looked at more! This quilt is one of my all time favorites of yours. Everything is just right in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This does look so cozy! Love the added border applique and the gingham sashing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.