Monday, January 26, 2015

Going Backwards

I'd say it was a quiet weekend, but that's probably only true if we're talking about quilting. My house was busting out at the seams a few times this weekends with all the visiting family and then the friends visiting the family. Lots of food, laughter, noise and confusion! Always difficult to find both gloves when everybodys coats, hats and gloves are piled up all together....
Cake Stand blocks
I do have the Cake Stand quilt top almost completely tore apart now. Wowsers do I dislike using the seam ripper. I keep telling myself that it will all be worthwhile when I get the mini cake stand blocks liberated from their {ugly fabric} setting and finally, I could see that it was true. People keep asking me why I'm ripping a quilt top apart instead of sewing one together and I just shake my head and say that 'it wasn't working for me--I didn't like it'. I am definitely turning into the crazy quilting lady of the family though. You know how it is in a very large family. It's extra special hard to get any attention without doing something really drastic.*wink

12 comments:

  1. Oh those lovely blocks were definitely worth liberating. I look forward to seeing what you do with them next. Crazy quilting lady - oh yeah - everyone thinks that of me too - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a busy but fun weekend. It would have been a great distraction as you unpicked the cake stand seams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya! But I bet everyone in that big family wants one of your quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should have handed everyone a seam ripper and it would have been unpicked in no time! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute little blocks and you gotta do what you gotta do don’t you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. preciosos bloques!!!
    mujer loca con sus labores, eso dice mi familia de mi
    me gusta mi locura.....
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ive been absent for a while so this is the first time I’ve seen the cake stand blocks and wow they look fabulous ! Im with Jenny – you should have roped all those visitors into helping !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blocks are coming along and yes you will be happy when they are the way you want them to be.
    I know the feeling. My husband is one of 9,I am one of 6 and we have 4. I know what big families are all about, but mostly fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I spent two days unpicking all the way around a quilt where I couldn't live with the border stitching that was done. It was a satisfying feeling to know that a better job was forthcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, it's done now and you can move forward in a new direction!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always terrible to have to 'sew backwards' but sometimes it needs to be done (I remember my Phebe disaster...) you feel much better about this project when you can start sewing forwards again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful blocks - I'm very much in favour of your liberation efforts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.