Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Always a Basket or Two Around Here....

I've been steadily stitching these basket handles down, one little piece at a time. First the inside curve, then the outside. One after another they slowly stack up.
What's in my applique bag....
It helps fill the time while I'm helping out with an aunt who had a stroke about two weeks ago. She might think I'm crazy, but she never says it out loud. I don't think she quite understands my quilting passion though.
Working through a stack of basket handles....
It looks like about three quarters of them are done now, but I haven't counted. There's only 56 {total} of them and I'd like to be surprised when the last one pops out of the bag. It might be time to make sure there's another applique project prepped and ready to go along with this one. You know, just in case. There's nothing more devastating than having time on your hands and nothing left to stitch.*wink
What's on my design wall...
And this is what's been hanging out on my design wall. Still. The pieces are slowly coming together. So I guess that means I've made a decision to keep it? I think some things are just too intriguing to let go. But I might have to fix the right {chopped off} hst's by the basket. I was trying to sort of 'line up' the half square triangles. Now I'm thinking it's too forced for this style of quilt. Hmm....

14 comments:

  1. Your basket handles are intriguing...and I do like how your basket/triangles are fitting together...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those handles (not to be confused with "love handles")! Such great colors. And I don't go anywhere without something to work on, crazy looks or not. I'm sure your aunt simply appreciates you visiting with her. Hope all goes well with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more, I almost panic when I have idle time and nothing to stitch! Can't wait to see what they become.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get twitchy if there isn't a project nearby. Even if I don't work on it, it still needs to be close at hand. Comfort stitching, whether it's knitting or sewing.
    I can't wait to see where your basket projects lead you. Love those green backgrounds a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope your aunt recovers quickly! baskets are great. I'm taking such a long break from sewin that I feel as soon as I get home I will be stitching all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You aunt might think you are crazy but I can imagine how much she's loving you there to help ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet you could do those baskets in your sleep. So you for sure! My daughter had a boss that quilted and she told her boss I was a bit overboard with it and her boss said good thing cause you probably got your logical thinking and the need to make from your mom. Skills that great software engineers need to have. So now she realizes we are really not different I just use fabric and she uses code.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pulling the last handle will be a wonderful surprise. Your thrill may make your aunt think your crazy but at least your not boring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a delicious new project! Really love the green backgrounds. Always a good idea to keep a 'grab and go' project ready!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So there are other folks who don't do the counting midway through the project! Hah, I abhor counting block units yet I love sewing them.
    I also looked back and I was very amused by your sweet Happy Geese quilt. It is so very creative and only your own. It does look very cuddly, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I find it hard to imagine you finding yourself without a project to hand. I like your improv piece and hadn't noticed the chopped off triangles until you mentioned them, but actually I like them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those little handles...and being part of a basket sounds perfect to me! Can't wait to see the baskets they go on. Nothing to stitch is not an option!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmm... What kind of basket will you put with those chunky handles? Can't wait. Hope your Aunt recovers quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the fabrics on your handles. Hope your Aunt had a swift recovery.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.