Sunday, September 20, 2015

Sunday Stitching

It's been a crazy weekend, still need to catch up on my emails and blog reading. Lots going on, company, grocery shopping and other family stuff that may or may not get sorted out till later this week.
Scrap Basket & Rolling Stones quilt
You can see I've finished up with the centerpiece and moved on to the next row of blocks. It's all coming along fairly well now. Just looking at the picture I can see there's a poofy spot under the bird that needs more attention, but that's easy peasy stuff to fix.

I've been stitching on this for a week or so? Don't quite remember. But here's the thing. I started out doing some machine 'stitch-in-the-ditch' style quilting and then just couldn't handle it. Ughh.... It looked so very awful. Really bad stuff even for my standards! Out came the seam ripper and and hour or two later it was me and the quilt right back at square one. Yep. That's when I got out the old faithful hoop again.*sigh  Some quilts just need that little bit of extra attention I guess....

Time to link up with Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching!

12 comments:

  1. Lookin' good - that basket always makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to figure out why I like this quilt so much and I think it is your color choices. Is that a cadet blue? The pinks and greens work so well together. A tip o' the needle to you for making it all work, even with houseguests, laundry and all the other stuff that beckons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tumbler shapes make a nice design for a basket. Reminds me of Jan Patek's baskets made with triangle shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this one.
    I don't do much, so I'm studying how you hand quilt -- do you always use the pvc hoop? The little I have done, I do anchoring ditch stitching, then no hoop. I guess it's what one is comfortable with? Love advise from an expert!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one just cries out for hand quilted attention. So glad you're a quilt whisperer and can hear what they're begging for! I think this one will be especially quilt show-worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilting looks so very lovely on this one! Any and everytime I machine quilt I have those exact same thoughts. I do make myself keep going sometimes though - I can't handquilt everything - I'm not near as fast at it as you :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so pretty, will be a wonderful quilt.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  8. That echo quilting just makes the applique pop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I hate unpicking - what a pain for you, though if it wasn't working it had to go. It's looking good now, so clearly benefiting from all the extra attention.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes things really do speak to us! I love the hand quilting you've done so far and look forward to tomorrow to see if you managed any more this week :) It's going to be a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.