Monday, January 28, 2013

I'd Really Rather Be Sewing

I am desperately wanting to get busy in the quilt room these days.  I think there is only about one more intense week of book work left and then I can get back to my regular schedule.  Fingers crossed!  I have managed to cut out some more of the drunkards path pieces.  I think this represents about 2/3's of the blocks!
More pieces cut out for drunkards path--
A new learning curve
Saturday night I shoved everything aside and plunged into some piecework for the low volume scrap attack quilt I started a couple months ago.  Sometimes you just need to sit down at the sewing machine and that is all there is to it.  I'm still playing with what exactly it is I want to do with my improv. blocks, but hopefully this little bit of work will be the jump start I need.  Right now it looks like a big fat nothing though! lol
A few hst's for Low Volume Quilt
I know things are going to have to break pretty soon because I ALMOST joined in with Lori's sweet little quilt-along over at Humble Quilts even though I have entirely too many quilt projects started!  Then, last night I fell asleep last night dreaming up a delicious pattern for a little baby quilt (I have two niece or nephews on the way this year). Uh uh.  Not going there yet!  There's just a few little things that need to get done first.  I have ufq's that are crying out for attention and probably a quilt room clean up to attend to waaaaay before I start in on a fun little baby quilt!

8 comments:

  1. For someone that doesn't have much time, you have a lot of prep work done! Good for you~ I'm just now getting back to sewing after lots of illness and laziness! LOL ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about just needing to sit at the sewing machine. I've been hand quilting for a week or two, no sewing at all. I have a low volume scrap quilt in progress, too, and thought about just sitting and sewing for a while. But then I'd have one more quilt top (with 5 that still need quilted!). I'm eager to see what you do with your low volume scraps. It looks like it will be a quilt that will be really restful to the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you did get quite a bit accomplished. Sorting and cutting takes lots of time and thought. I need to make myself just sit down and sew. Have not for quite a while and I'm going nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too thought that I would have loved to make the little quilt that is on Humble Quilts blog! But the voice of reason won out......"work on the projects that are already started"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Audrey, you sound just like me!! I LOVE Lori's little quilt - but alas, just too much to do!! Blessings on all your responsibilities and projects!! Love the fabrics for the drunkard's path!

    Be Joyful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had a good excuse why I haven't done any quilting since we got back from our trip. Add in the lack of quilting while we were gone, and I'm suffering from severe withdrawal. ;-) Maybe tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know just how you feel! So mAny quilts and not enough time. And that sometimes you just need to sit at the sewing machine and sew. You certainly have some fun projects on the go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your fabrics for the Drunkards path blocks!! I hope you get your free time soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.