Monday, April 23, 2012

Border Work on Pieceable Souls Project

I decided to take a little break from the Broken Pieces quilt and work on my Pieceable Souls quilt.  I worked on it off and all during the weekend and managed to get two borders pieced and sewn together.   Considering how crazy things are around here lately, I have to feel good about getting even that small amount accomplished!
Working on border pieces
2nd Border almost done
The most time consuming part is laying out the blocks and checking to see if the colors are blending well, if I'm repeating any fabrics that are immediately to the side of the border in one of the pinwheels and of course, my 'gotcha' problem--accidentally lining up two identical placement 9-patch blocks.  Umm, that would probably mean I need to shut off the lights and just go to bed?  I can see that I'm going to have quite a few 9-patch blocks leftover when I finish all four borders.   That should make for a good addition to the back of the quilt as I do get tired of the single fabric backings.  Hopefully I can start in on the cornerstone blocks here pretty soon and get them out of the way.....

2 comments:

  1. This is going to be a beauty. Looking forward to seeing the top finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a lot of piecing for your border!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.