Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Little Bit at a Time

Two more blocks done for the 'All Grayed Down' quilt.  Lets hope it all comes together like it should--like I am picturing it in my head.  I'm starting to get a wee bit nervous about that.  So much so that I laid the entire quilt out again on the floor for a look-see, even the unfinished applique blocks with their little bits and pieces.  I'm trying to keep the applique blocks very simple and almost stark because the background is busy. 
Applique Block #4
Applique Block #5
Ad lib quilting is such a blast, but also scary hairy sometimes, at least for me.*wink  Speaking of which, I also found time to sandwich and machine quilt a baby quilt I was working on last April.  Not my normal cup of tea and honestly, my husband does not like it a bit.  I decided since I was prepping the binding for the baby quilt, that I needed to quit dragging my feet and make a decision about the binding for my 'Be Thankful' quilt.  Maybe I can get in a couple more completions before the end of March?!!
Binding prep


2 comments:

  1. From what I see of your applique quilt, it looks very good. I like that the applique blocks are simple and the pieced blocks muted. Couldn't get any better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the information. It is very useful for my future. keep sharing
    Run 3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting! Getting comments always makes me happy. I try to respond personally to each comment but if you happen to be a 'no-reply commenter' then you'll have to leave an e-mail to be hearing back from me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...