Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The First 2012 Quilt Finish

I have walked past this particular quilt many times in the past two months thinking 'oh yeah, needs binding sewn down' and just kept right on a walking.  Until yesterday.  For some reason that was the day I grabbed it up and immediately starting getting serious with needle and thread until, ta dah! the binding is finally all done and I officially have my first completed quilt of the year!
Right back where it's been gathering dust,
only this time with the binding sewn down properly!
I like, I like, I like.
Unlike this fuzzy, obscured picture, the quilt itself,
in person, is a wonderful thing to behold.:)
It's not that I don't like doing binding or anything like that.  I just have to be in the mood.  Which happened to be yesterday.  Don't ask me why, because my mind is a complicated maze.  Even after forty plus years I still haven't quite figured out what makes me tick.  I don't even worry any more about unfinished bits and pieces I still have to get accomplished in any one of my quilt projects.  I know that just like yesterday, the day will come when I will find myself buried up to my elbows in something that I haven't been interested in working on for weeks or months.  Completions can be erratic around here, but they DO happen.*wink

4 comments:

  1. love that owl in the applique - beautiful quilt, it is always a nice feeling to have a finished quilt.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey, I love, love, love, your quilt!! I found you by 'surfing' and the quilt picture caught my eye... I so totally relate to your 'about me' introduction..XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. The owl is from a Sue Spargo pattern. I just had to add the whimsical touch.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there a basic pattern for the center or block names that you could share. This is a fabulous quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.