Friday, December 16, 2011

A Challenging (for me) Pieceable Souls Project

Okay, I'll admit that I've been working on this little Pieceable Souls project a very, tiny little bit here and there.  Not much, because for some reason, I've been dragging my heels about it.  The plan is to meet back in January with everything cut out and lots of chain piecing done.  And so far all I've managed to do is find out that I don't follow directions very well and thus, I have ran out of my background fabric before my strips are all cut out.  Gah!!  It's because of the white fabric, I know it.  I don't do well with white.  Never have.  It's so uninspiring and it just stares at me like a dead fish while I'm cutting on it.  My husband and I got to spend a couple days in Spokane last week and on the way home we stopped in at the Buggy Barn quilt store outside of Reardan.  Now there's a quilt store that has lovely, gorgeous fabrics.  It's chalk full of Kansas Troubles type palettes and wonderfully muted and subdued fabrics that are obviously grayed and browned down versions of what I'm having to work on for this project.  Okay, okay, obviously the colors above are part of the challenge for ME, which will no doubt be extremely rewarding in the end....

1 comment:

  1. I went back in your blog looking for the story about this quilt but I couldn't find it. Where should I look. I am interested to see what it is all about.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.