Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Selected Fabric Stash Revisited

This color combination doesn't mean much to most people, but for me, it's a challenge because I NEVER use gray.  Ever.  Although, now that I look at the pictures, it becomes obvious to me that somehow I have managed to weaken the gray with a browny gray.  Which means I'm actually working with taupe. Groan.....  
Revisiting a stash of hopefuls--because this intrigues me.
Adding in the bright prints in the wrong proportion--OBVIOUSLY.
Getting my ideas down on paper and doing the calculations.
I'm a planner.  I like to know where my quilt is going before I make my first cut, even if I'm pretty sure it won't actually get there in one piece.  (No pun intended.)*wink  Sometimes it takes me ages to make up my mind and occasionally I even dump a selected stash of fabric into yet another quilt altogether because, lo and behold, it's a color palette that I seem to be working on all over the place.  So I guess what I'm telling you is that I'm also a plodder.  A planner and a plodder, that's me.  Getting quilts sewn together one little stitch at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.