Friday, September 2, 2011

Trying to Find the Trigger

This is something I've been looking at for a little while now, wondering if it's time to cut into.  I do this.  I slowly gather these piles of fabric that I pull out and play with, sometimes draw up or select a pattern for, and generally just dream about the possibilities.  There are several little stacks of these in my quilt room--always.  And therein lies the problem.  If I cut into the fabric, I lose possibilities.  What if I'm wrong?  What if I can't capture the best part of  this fabric combination?  Sure, this particular set is a little on the dark and dreary side, but sometimes I LIKE to wallow in dark, moody fabrics.  (Hello, It reflects my life so completely every now and then.  *Hint, Mr. Oppressor, please resign, so America can get back to work?) I also figured out that there is usually some particular color that I'm focusing on, quilt after quilt after QUILT AFter quilt! oftentimes without even realizing it until I lay the quilt tops out side by side.  I know, I'm slow.  When I figure out what the trigger is that allows me to finally start cutting into my fabrics, I'll let you know.  It's probably a hormone imbalance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.