Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bonding With My Quilt

I got in a little (much needed) quiet contemplation time tonight. This particular quilt seems to be quite soothing to me. Nothing much needed from it except for reloading my needle occasionally--no decision making whatsoever in the quilting design since I opted to go very simple and traditional. Today was the second day of school for my four rambunctious children and after I saw the following binder on my dining room table, I felt like my quilt and I could benefit from some bonding time.:)
Isn't that enough to make a mother nervous? We used to be a solidly middle class family, but now we are pretty much at the poverty level or below, so hello! scholarships!!!! Not that we ever intended to finance any of our kids college because we always wanted them to figure out what they want to do in life and THEN to completely appreciate the effort it takes to make it happen. Hmm, I'm sure we'll still help pay for their car insurance and maybe even their phone. We'll see. Right now I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that my son is a senior in high school.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.