Thursday, July 14, 2011

Awkwardness of Labeling

The latest batch of unlabeled quilts. This may be the most I've done at one time.....
Simple labels all ready to roll. I have a method that works and I stick with it......
Proof that my job here is DONE. If the quilts are traumatized to have my name on them, I don't want to hear about it.....

When I say that a quilt of mine is finished, I rarely actually have a label on at that point. Why? Although it seems important to attach a label to a quilt in the event you choose to give it away or show it, the actual process of labeling a quilt just feels awkward to me. Here I am, little 'ol me, thinking my workmanship is so grand and important that it needs my name on it for all eternity? Huh. Now I get to have full and certain ownership for all those corners that don't match up and the weirdo color combinations that somehow made such great sense however many eons ago. Can you tell where the Walmart fabric I, I, I slipped in is? Oh yeah, and don't forget about the inconvenient thread to fabric color match-up decisions I, I, I make late at night when the quilt store is closed. Whatever. I just got a call from the local quilt guild and they desperately need more quilts for the annual quilt show (duh! they called me). Now seems to be the perfect time to catch up on all those labels that were put off indefinitely, then I can determine which quilts can POSSibly withstand the scrutiny of public display. I'm telling myself this will be a good thing. Painful, but perhaps educational. To somebody.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.