Friday, April 22, 2011

Slow Going

Progress!!! Slow going when baseball season is here for the kids and, unfortunately, my quilting hits the back burner. I did finally get my binding sewn onto this quilt and I think it looks great. Honestly, I usually tend to pick out binding that pulls some sparky color out of the quilt, but this time I kept it low key on purpose. Very tough for me to do believe it or not.:)

This is something I've been working on for months. The pattern is based on a Amish quilt I saw in one of my books, but of course it doesn't look Amish when you incorporate printed fabrics like I did. I played and fussed with the 4-pc. blocks so they aren't as random as you might think. Then when I got the quilt top to 'completion' stage I was massively disappointed. So dull and I really thought my sashing fabric had killed the quilt, making it too blue and grayed down. I've been fiddling around with possible applique stuff for it thinking I could rescue it! blerk! (My solution for all quilting disappointments!) I stumbled upon this funky tree idea in an ad somewhere and light bulbs started going off in my head. What if? You know how it goes! 90 miles a minute cutting out bias strips and mock-up leaves. Now I'm back to loving it and feeling all sorts of affection for my quilt top again.*smirk Some quilts just want to be stubborn.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.