Monday, March 21, 2011

Playing Around




It's officially Spring and I've got the bug to work on something light hearted. I've been playing around with most of these fabrics for a couple months, but nothing ever seriously clicked until today when I threw some blue fabric down on top of the pile and said 'oooooh'! You know how it works sometimes.*wink The blog over at Material Obsession has been fascinating to me of late with their unique mix of Modern, Romantic, Vintage and Contemporary. Very, very appealing stuff that I, of course, do not have the money to just run out and buy. Sooooo, digging through my stash, trying to be the frugal pioneer-like seamstress of common sense and true practicality, I finally ended up with this collection. Can I make it work? I think so. I want something very simple, mixed up scrappy, yet have enough of a pattern to make the eye move around the quilt and be charmed. blerk! I don't ask for much.:)

1 comment:

  1. Oh the blue definitely makes it! I can't wait to see what you come up with =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.