Friday, September 17, 2010

No Contest

No time to be piecing, so I have been doing a lot of hand quilting in the evenings. It is really hard to get started, but then it's addicting because it's so soothing to me. I've read that Jenny Beyers and other crazy professional quilters get between 10 and 12 stitches an inch. Not me! I get about 4. Blerk! That's bad huh? Oh well. Anytime I try to get smaller stitches and increase the amount, I find that my hand gets more and more tension in it and my shoulders start to ache and yeah... Not relaxing at all. So, relax and find joy in my quilting? or try for perfection and get stressed? No contest.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.