Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Craze Is So Over

I come from a rather large family, lots of sisters, a few brothers, aunts, uncles, tons of cousins plus the obligatory set of parents. At one time almost ALL the females were doing the quilty thing and even a few of the men participated, hard as that is to believe. We had cool family quilt challenges and block exchanges, even though we didn't have a clue what we were doing. We were confident and inspired in spite of our ignorance.:) But now? Quilting has been dropped like a hot rock. Everyone has moved on to something better like: couponing, craigs listing, photography, the care and feeding of infants, hunting, hiking, genealogy, blah, blah, blah.... Lame stuff like that.:) I'm one of the few and the proud still obsessing over quilty stuff. Ergghhhh!! It's really frustrating at times. My mom still quilts and one of my sisters will quilt in moments of deep depression or intense boredom?, but other than that? The craze is so over, over, over....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.